Monday, August 13, 2012

Movie Review Monday!

Happy Monday everyone! Hope your weekend was a happy one, I know mine was, and I'm sure Edna thouroughly enjoyed herself camping in the lovely weather Oregon has been having!  Recently we saw the new and highly anticpated, "The Dark Knight Rises".  Here's your movie review!
This movie was great from beginning to end.  It kept me entertained and on the edge of my seat.  I loved the small clues the director dropped throughout the movie to foreshadow later events.  If you have not seen this yet, make sure to give this movie your undivided attention because even a few lines here or there explain a lot later on.  
Christian Bale once again turned in a stunning performance.  He was all the right amounts of surley, afflicted, broken, and burdened.  His hero did shine through and he did not disappoint.
 Anne Hathaway surprised me.  I'm not going to lie, I was very sad when I saw her in the preview.  I do not see her as a thriller action movie role, I mean, she starred in Princess Diaries...how much more G rated can you get? She rose to the occasion though and pulled off a great Cat Woman that was full of sass and tenacity.
Tom Hardy played an amazing role as the villian, Bane. There were definitely a few moments when I forgot who he actually was and completely got the creeps from his character.
Michael Caine, as Alfred, was beautiful.  He made me cry! His acting skills are so wonderful, I truly loved his character and he delivered it perfectly.
The other person I loved in this movie was Jospeh Gordon-Levitt.  He had a solid performance and I felt tha the was the glue that kept everything together.  I won't go into too much detail so I don't spoil it for you, but I highly reccomend seeing this movie.  You will not be bored, there is no lack of action or suspense. 
Xoxo,
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment