|Fall squash! I found this picture at Naturally Ella.|
|The finished product!|
Roasted Butternut Squash
Printable version here
1 butternut squash
2 tablespoons of light brown sugar
salt & pepper to taste
Olive oil or unsalted butter
1. Pre-heat over to 400 degrees F.
2. Line baking sheet with foil.
3. Cut the butternut squash in half long ways, then scoop out the seeds.
4. Peel the squash. This can get tricky, I used a carrot peeler and it worked great.
5. Chop up the squash into 1/4 inch cubes and arrange on the baking pan.
6. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Then add the brown sugar. I made sure each cube got a little bit of brown sugar on it.
7. If you use butter, melt 4-5 tablespoons, let is cool, and then drizzle over the cubes. If you use evoo lightly drizzle over the squash. The helps the squash to caramelize and adds great flavor.
8. Bake for 40-50 minutes and be sure to flip the cubes half way through for even roasting.