Thursday, August 2, 2012

Unpacking.

How do I phrase this? Unpacking is one of the single most horrible activities I could ever be prevailed upon to do.  That sums up my Thursday last week.  When our stuff arrived I was extremely happy, but I was not happy to carry it all in and unpack it. *disclaimer on the pictures...they have weird shadows because it is so bright in our apartment, sorry!*
  It took us about an hour and half to get everything out of the pod, up the elevator, in our apartment.  Yes, this includes carrying the couch, entertainment center, bed, mattresses...blahhh.  Then the real fun began, we got to start unpacking the millions of boxes.

Let me put it this way, there are still boxes in the apartment (one week later). Partially because I don't have the energy to organize our closet, and partially because I ran out of hangers and we need a stackble and I cannot handle Wal-Mart, so I'm postponing the trip because I need a solid two week break from that place.  

Our bed was a cluttered mess! Still sort of is...my fault!
The worst part of this whole adventure has been the undoing of our stuff.  I broke one of my favorite decorations, two martini glasses didn't make it, we don't have enough room for all of our bath towels, no room for the extra bed set (I need that extra closet space), and no room for cute desk/office decor...and figured out some of my candles won't fit.  I already downsized SO much that the thought of getting rid of more stuff is upsetting.  I know it's for our own sanity here in this apartment, but still. I don't like it. 
The lovely courtyard, perfect for sun tanning.
On a more positive note, everything of importance survived quite well and there were no major damages to anything. Yay! I personally do not recommend downsizing from a 3 bedroom house to a 1 bedroom apartment, thank goodness the 1 bedroom thing is temporary, and thank goodness for our lovely courtyard. It makes our living room feel bigger and takes the sting out of not having a huge yard anymore.  

Xoxo,
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment