Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Going Once, Going Twice, SOLD!

My life here in Oregon is nearing an end and believe me, it's getting more and more difficult to swallow by the day. Last night in particular (I almost had a melt-down). B and I cleaned off and prepped our dining room table and chairs, and our patio furniture for the buyers to pick up today.


I hope the buyers show up before I get home. I don't know if I can handle the sight of our furniture being loaded into a strangers truck and driven away. Yes, they're only things. But they are things that represent the last two years in our house, here in OREGON. In just a few short weeks we will live in Indiana. I haven't wrapped my brain around it yet. 

  
I feel extremely fortunate that the items sold so quickly. It only took one day from the moment we put them up for sale. But having them gone just reminds me once again that we are moving. I'm not saying Indiana is a bad place, but having been there twice, it is absolutely nothing like the Northwest. It will be an adventure to say the least. 

Have any of you moved across the country? Or moved in general away from all of your family and friends to a place very different from the one you call home? I need some words of encouragement! 

Xoxo,
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment