This week has been a bit of a challenge for getting outside for a run with the on and off rain showers. Unfortunately, I was forced inside the gym for my work out yesterday. Which isn't always a bad thing but I really am not a fan of running on the treadmill. I get bored pretty quickly and usually end up watching a show on Netflix. For this reason I am thankful I have a run planned for Thursday after work with my friend. Running with her is my favorite because you hardly even notice you are on a run with all the chit chat going on.
Although dinner last night was my husband's always delicious "Breakfast Dinner", omelets.
|N really is the master at making delicious omelets.|
Corn Quinoa Salad with Chili Lime Vinaigrette
Adapted and inspired from Iowa Girl Eats.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 1/2-2 cups thawed frozen sweet corn (or 2 ear of corn if it's in season)
- 1/2 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/4 small red onion, minced (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped basil
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt & pepper
- Rinse quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer. Add to a medium saucepan with 2 cups of water, then bring to a boil. Put a lid on the pan, turn the heat down to medium-low, then simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until the quinoa has absorbed all of the water. Remove from heat, let sit for 5 minutes, then remove the lid and fluff quinoa with a fork. Set aside.
- Combine cooked quinoa with the corn, tomatoes, avocado, red onion (optional), and basil in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- For the Chili Lime Vinaigrette: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, and whisk to combine. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve chilled, or at room temperature.
|Last night's sunset was a pretty one and I had to share.|